Thursday, December 17, 2015

Unknown Books and Texts

As I read and write on history and historical themes, I am always amazed and in awe of the people of the past, who did so much, gained some recognition in their lifetime, and now are hardly remembered. Perhaps they were as brilliant as those who remain famous today, but for some reason, they are not known to the same extent.

There are artists, musicians, leaders, prophets, and of course, writers. And there are books. I will be writing on some of these books from India to make them better known.

Right now I am writing something more on the Manimekhalai, an epic in Tamil. It has a Buddhist theme, but also tells us a lot about women in early south India. There is already a partial summary of it in this blog, but I am improving on it, and analysing some aspects of the book.

No comments: